Before you start selecting colours or the width of your decking, you’ll need to make an important decision – composite or timber. Both products create a beautiful outdoor area and boast many unique benefits. So which side of the deck do you sit on, composite or timber?
Composite Decking is a man made, eco-friendly timber/plastic product. Made up of 95% recycled wood fibres and recycled plastic, the composite material has unique characteristics.
Composite timber is one of the most durable decking products on the market. The surface is resistant to fading, staining, scratching and mould as it is capped, requiring only semi-annual cleaning with a hose and general household cleaner. It is aesthetically pleasing to the eye with a consistent grain colour throughout.
- Mimics grains and colours of timber
- Easy to install
- Low maintenance
- Resistant to mould & Insects
- No rotting boards to replace
- No wood splinters, twisters, cupping or wood splits
- Stain and weather resistant
- Regular standardised board length
- Anti-slip properties
Timber Decking is the original building material and comes in both hardwood and softwood varieties. All outdoor timber decking requires maintenance and care to ensure a long-lasting look.
Timber decking comes in a variety of species that are highly resilient and durable. The wood has a sleek natural look that can be modified to complement any outdoor colour scheme. The surface can tend to fade and change in the climate, so regular maintenance is necessary.
- Natural and unique appearance of each wooden board
- Strong and durable
- Less likely to sustain marks and scratches
- Each hardwood has natural benefits
- Easy to work with
- Initially cheaper than composite timber
The Pinnacle Of Composite Decking
The evolution of composite decking has reached new heights with the release of Apex™ PVC decking by Eva-Last®. As one of the lightest, strongest and most natural-looking composite decks ever made, Apex™ is the ideal choice for residential and commercial properties.
The secret is in the design. Apex™ is engineered using a lightweight bamboo core surrounded by a highly durable shell of premium PVC. As a strong and lightweight product, it’s easier to install and longer lasting.
A combination of durability and looks
Eva-Last’s Apex™ decking is available in 4 amazing dual tone colours. Using a unique process of layering the colours, they have created a composite board that looks just like natural hardwood. The extra layer also creates a solid capping on the board which makes it more durable and increases its anti-slip rating.
Using premium capping technology, Apex™ decking gives you a better-looking deck for longer. The polymer capping helps prevent scratches and stains and its UV resistance stops colour fading. It is also mould, mildew and weather resistant making it the ideal choice for pools and areas exposed to the weather.
If sustainability is a deciding factor, you’ll be happy to know that Apex™ is made from recycled materials including raw bamboo, which is one of the fastest growing timbers.
A perfect choice for Australian backyards
Eva-Last® manufactures decking to suit all climates – specifically warmer climates like Australia. The Apex™ range is UV resistant, so even in harsh weather conditions, it won’t lose its look or colour. The tough PVC capping creates a deck that’s scratch, stain, slip, fade and moisture resistant .
Your backyard should be enjoyed, not a chore. With Eva-Last® Apex™ you get more time relaxing and less time cleaning. You’ll never need to paint, sand or stain and maintaining your deck is easy.
Why Apex™ is the top choice
- Lighter - Apex™ is up to 45% lighter than some composite brands making it easier to install.
- Stronger – The PVC and bamboo core , capped with an acrylic polymer shell, creates a stronger, longer-lasting deck.
- Safer - Apex™ offers the best slip resistance in its class (P5). Even when used in wet areas.
- Modern – An amazing range of colours that will enhance any outdoor area.
- Realistic – Its dual tone profile creates a deck that looks more like a wood deck than any composite.
- Low Maintenance – No sanding, painting, oiling or staining. Plus, cleaning is simple.
- Long lasting – UV resistant, moisture resistant, scratch, stain and fade resistant.
- Peace of Mind - Backed up by an amazing 30 year warranty.